Sunday, June 21, 2009

Burundi

My colleague Tim and I are now in Bujumbura, Burundi. It's different from Nairobi but I am not quite sure how. After a couple days I hope to have learned more about the people and the community. Here most people speak French. I was asked by the person who picked us up if I spoke French. The only French I do know comprises of telling someone that I love them, hello, and the lyrics to an old song. Maybe I'll just say "Hi" to everyone.
We will be trying to get into some schools in the capital, some rural schools, along with speaking to teachers. We are still a little unsure as to how we will be going about our work for we do not have an "agenda" for our time in Burundi. I do appreciate the openness and laid-back atmosphere of the people, but I would also like to make sure we use our time wisely for this country.
It is funny how the little things in life makes smile...like being able to Skype.

No comments:

Post a Comment