Thursday, June 18, 2009

Anticipation

You know how you felt as a child the night before your birthday, or some major event in your life? As a kid I anticipated Christmas to the point that I couldn't fall asleep until late at night. My parents were probably concerned for they had to get the gifts under the tree! However, I also remember my wife going through labor and feeling helpless, concerned, anxious, scared, etc. This entire week although I should be feeling like the kid before Christmas, I feel more like I did before my children were born. There is the unexpected and unknown that I am experiencing. My thoughts turn to my feeling of whether my educational and life experiences can assist an entire country. Then, thoughts turn to my faith and knowing I wouldn't be asked to be part of this endeavor unless I was ready.
The only items I know I am not looking forward to are the flights! It takes about 1 1/2 days to get to Burundi. If you know anything about me, you know I get impatient. So, keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment