Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Getting prepared

Along with going to Burundi, my colleague and I will be stopping over in Kenya to possibly visit with Biola students and other people. Also, I have been on the waiting list for my yellow fever shot for about 3 weeks now. Many county Dept. of Health offices just don't carry any! Tomorrow I will see if I can get a shot from another place but I need to go through a "counseling" session to see if I need the shot. I believe if the CDC says I need the shot, I need the shot.

The more I think about traveling to Burundi and not knowing what to expect, the more anxious I become. I do understand in theory the need to assist this country but cannot fathom what I will be seeing. I also understand the need to give all things up to the Lord and not to be anxious on anything (Matt. 6: 25-34). So I continue to think about the people of Burundi and what is in store, praying for the wisdom to assist.

Now to only get my last shot and my visa!

No comments:

Post a Comment